Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Four generations...

I say this over and over again, but I just feel really grateful that Diana not only has an amazing grandma (my mom!) that makes time to play with her and be a part of every new stage, but she also has a wonderful GREAT grandma or "Gigi" (my grandma Sally) that is energetic enough to keep up with her and enjoy her as she grows up.
My mom, grandma and I have a long-standing tradition of making "Haroset" together for our Passover Seder. Every family has their own version and ours has apples, walnuts, honey and lots of wine! When I was in college, my grandma and mom even made and shipped Haroset to me in New York so I wouldn't miss out.
This past Saturday, we included Diana in this fun tradition. Four generations together! What could be better? She sat in her little purple seat right on the counter and she watched as we chopped and mixed away. She held onto a whole apple and had no idea what to do with it! Tonight we have our Seder down in Weston - it's nice to be together on this holiday. My Aunt Stace and cousin Jamie flew in from North Carolina last night so they'll be joining us too. Life can be crazy and we're all busy, but knowing that we make time for a big dinner and to be together a few times a year no matter what is going on in our lives is a comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment