Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just another weekend...

It was a typical weekend for us these days. My mom has been taking little Di on Fridays so I can have some free time (something I don't get a lot of anymore!) I say it all the time, but SO grateful to have my mom here to babysit. I ran around like any mom with 8 hours of alone time and went to the bank, a drs appointment, got a mani/pedi, then back at home, vacuumed and mopped, caught up on some e-mails and laundry - whew! Feels so good to get things done, but I was ready to collapse by 8pm!

Danny is at the end of his first semester of his MBA and had a ton of work so he headed to the library on Saturday after breakfast. It's hard not spending weekends together sometimes but he'll already be getting ready to graduate by this time next year. I took Diana down to visit my mom at work at the Weston YMCA. She's been asking us to visit her for weeks now and was very proud to show off her granddaughter! We chatted with her coworkers and had a smoothie from the snack bar. When my mom was done with her shift we headed over to my parents' and had pizza with Grandpa Ron and Uncle Brandon. Diana has a whole set of toys that she plays with at Grandma's so she was a happy camper.

Today is Sunday and Danny took a break from studying and the three of us went to breakfast at Panera in Boca Center. Diana loves sitting in her highchair these days and gobbled up a bagel! After we ate we strolled over to Joseph's Italian Market and had a great time browsing the gourmet pastas and olive oils. We bought some smoked mozzarella cheese which is hard to find in regular grocery stores. Here's what we're using for in tonight's dinner: Smoked Mozzarella & Sun-dried Tomato Cigars
We're now enjoying a quiet afternoon - Danny is back to the books, I'm catching up on my writing and Diana is napping - finally! Her 3rd tooth is starting to come in and she's not having an easy time with it, poor baby.

A pretty normal weekend here at the Muzzarelli household! Glad we got to relax and spend some time together because we've got a busy weekend coming up! Danny is headed up to Gainesville this Friday morning for his 1st semester finals, I'm a bridesmaid in my good friend Lisa's wedding AND Lindsay (my best friend from high school) is coming into town with her husband from California - she'll be meeting Diana for the first time when they come over for Sunday brunch.

Looking forward to a good but busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment